#44 Using Gratitude to Help Students Overcome Math Anxiety with Nicole ThomsonMay 18, 2021
**Following this interview, Nicole and I decided to join forces to create the Love Math Journal, a growth mindset resource for 4th-8th graders with 200+ quick prompts, affirmations, and reflections. It will be available on Amazon starting May 23rd!
This week, I interview Nicole Thomson, former elementary school teacher and founder of The Fulfilled Classroom, about using gratitude to rediscover our joy of teaching, while simultaneously helping our students to overcome their math anxiety.
In this interview, Nicole shares:
- How to create a fulfilled classroom, even if your class is filled with math-anxious students
- The many benefits of gratitude and how to incorporate it into your math class
- How Allison’s similar out-of-the-box experiments with meditation and visualization have helped her remedial math students (see Allison’s experiment in the Miracle Morning for Teacher’s book by Hal Elrod and Honoree Corder)
- What to do if you’re nervous or hesitant about experimenting with gratitude in your math class
Get Nicole’s free eBook "Implementing Gratitude in the Classroom" at https://view.flodesk.com/pages/5fa9a12b6996343ac57ae7f3.
Get Allison’s FREE resources to inspire your students to love math at www.allisonlovesmath.com.
Watch the original video recording of this podcast interview on YouTube:
Inspire Your Students and Kids to Love Math!
Here is your FREE...
Love Math Quick Start Guide
For Parents and Teachers
Wouldn't it be amazing if your students and kids loved math? You're in luck! I've compiled some awesome resources that I know will help you to make this happen! Here are your free resources:
- 17 Simple Ideas to Inspire your Students and Kids to Love Math and a customizable worksheet to track your inspiration and progress,
- A free downloadable copy of my book Raise Your Math Grade and all the resources and references from the book,
- A Crush Math Anxiety Weekly Gameplan and access to my Math Anxiety Resource Vault.
- Podcast interviews, book updates, and other awesome math gems to inspire your kids and students!
Inspiring your students and children to love math is the shortcut to their success and I know these free resources can help you to make that happen. Give them try and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Your friend, Allison
Subscribe Now to Get Started!
I will never sell your info. You can unsubscribe anytime.