#49 A Standards-Based Approach to Social-Emotional Learning with Greg MullenJun 22, 2021
Today, I interview Greg Mullen, a CA credentialed K-8 teacher, host of the Exploring the Core Podcast, and author of Creating a Self-Directed Learning Environment about how to teach both social-emotional learning skills and math standards to our students.
- What standards are at their core and why they are important
- What social-emotional learning skills are and how they bolster student success in math
- The nuanced difference between teaching students math and teaching them how to learn math
- Practical tips to embed social-emotional learning into your math class to make for a more empowering learning experience
Listen to Greg interview Allison on Exploring the Core Podcast at https://exploring-the-core-podcast.simplecast.com/episodes/s2e5
Learn more about Greg at www.exploringthecore.com.
Watch the original video recording of this podcast interview on YouTube:
Inspire Your Students and Kids to Love Math!
Here is your FREE...
Love Math Quick Start Guide
For Parents and Teachers
Wouldn't it be amazing if your students and kids loved math? You're in luck! I've compiled some awesome resources that I know will help you to make this happen! Here are your free resources:
- 17 Simple Ideas to Inspire your Students and Kids to Love Math and a customizable worksheet to track your inspiration and progress,
- A free downloadable copy of my book Raise Your Math Grade and all the resources and references from the book,
- A Crush Math Anxiety Weekly Gameplan and access to my Math Anxiety Resource Vault.
- Podcast interviews, book updates, and other awesome math gems to inspire your kids and students!
Inspiring your students and children to love math is the shortcut to their success and I know these free resources can help you to make that happen. Give them try and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Your friend, Allison
Subscribe Now to Get Started!
I will never sell your info. You can unsubscribe anytime.