#42 Making Algebra Friendly with Gabriel RojasMay 04, 2021
In today’s interview, I talk with Gabriel Rojas, college professor, author of the Algebra User Manual, and recipient of the ASCE New Faces of Engineering Award, about how learning math is similar to learning a new language.
Gabriel and I discuss:
- Different stages of mastery of a subject, whether it’s learning math or a language
- The importance of practice and strong foundations in building new skills
- The many ways Gabriel made the Algebra User Manual friendly and meaningful
- Why math is important, a concept important to building student motivation
- How to help students NOT be intimidated by the difference of squares
Watch the original video recording of this interview on YouTube:
Inspire Your Students and Kids to Love Math!
Here is your FREE...
Love Math Quick Start Guide
For Parents and Teachers
Wouldn't it be amazing if your students and kids loved math? You're in luck! I've compiled some awesome resources that I know will help you to make this happen! Here are your free resources:
- 17 Simple Ideas to Inspire your Students and Kids to Love Math and a customizable worksheet to track your inspiration and progress,
- A free downloadable copy of my book Raise Your Math Grade and all the resources and references from the book,
- A Crush Math Anxiety Weekly Gameplan and access to my Math Anxiety Resource Vault.
- Podcast interviews, book updates, and other awesome math gems to inspire your kids and students!
Inspiring your students and children to love math is the shortcut to their success and I know these free resources can help you to make that happen. Give them try and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Your friend, Allison
Subscribe Now to Get Started!
I will never sell your info. You can unsubscribe anytime.