#41 Five Tips to Help Students Develop a Math Positive Mindset with Carrie CutlerApr 25, 2021
Today, I interview Dr. Carrie Cutler, a clinical assistant professor of Elementary Mathematics Education at the University of Houston and the author of Math-Positive Mindsets, about 5 strategies teachers and parents can use to help students approach math in a positive way.
- The importance of understanding and reinforcing the idea that everyone is a “math person”
- The ways in which kids pick up their math positive (or negative) behaviors and beliefs from their parents and teachers
- How embracing productive struggle will help students persevere in math and challenges
- The brain research behind fixed and growth mindsets
- How to prevent your personal math anxiety from causing math anxiety in the students and kids in your life
You can learn more about Carrie here: https://www.carriecutler.com
You can purchase Carrie’s book, Math- Positive Mindsets, here: https://www.amazon.com/Math-Positive-Mindsets-Growing-Childs-without/dp/1935099841
Watch the original video recording of this podcast interview on YouTube:
Inspire Your Students and Kids to Love Math!
Here is your FREE...
Love Math Quick Start Guide
For Parents and Teachers
Wouldn't it be amazing if your students and kids loved math? You're in luck! I've compiled some awesome resources that I know will help you to make this happen! Here are your free resources:
- 17 Simple Ideas to Inspire your Students and Kids to Love Math and a customizable worksheet to track your inspiration and progress,
- A free downloadable copy of my book Raise Your Math Grade and all the resources and references from the book,
- A Crush Math Anxiety Weekly Gameplan and access to my Math Anxiety Resource Vault.
- Podcast interviews, book updates, and other awesome math gems to inspire your kids and students!
Inspiring your students and children to love math is the shortcut to their success and I know these free resources can help you to make that happen. Give them try and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Your friend, Allison
Subscribe Now to Get Started!
I will never sell your info. You can unsubscribe anytime.